For Memorial Day this year we decided to grill out at the beach with family and came up with a menu. We made burgers, regular and beyond meat, BBQ tofu, Dilly Tofu Potato Salad, BBQ veggie kabobs, and leftover bean salad. It was so much food and we still have loads leftover, but it was so tasty. I can’t wait to experiment more on the grill this summer and see what else turns out to be delicious. Just because you don’t eat meat, doesn’t mean you have to give up grilling. There’s so many options! I didn’t want a Beyond meat burger this time, so I decided it was time to try BBQ tofu and I’m so glad I did. It was firm and chewy and absorbed the BBQ flavor. I hope you try these out this summer!
1 block extra firm tofu
Sprinkle of paprika and garlic powder
1/2 cup bbq sauce of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400* and drain tofu and press out water.
2. Slice tofu from the side to have 4 large rectangles, and then cut each piece in half to make 8 rectangles. Let them drain on a towel for 30 minutes.
3. Put them on a parchment lined pan and sprinkle with spices then bake for 25 minutes to firm up.
4. Brush each side with bbq sauce and then grill on each side for a few minutes until you see grill marks.
5. I added mine to a ciabatta roll with tomatoes, grilled onions and peppers from the kabobs, and mashed avocado. Yum!
Dilly Potato Salad
BBQ Veggie Skewers
We bought already made veggie skewers from the store that had mushrooms, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions on them. I brushed them with BBQ sauce and grilled them for about 15 minutes turning every few. Such great flavor!
Hope you enjoy grilling this summer!
4 Comments Add yours
Yum! Sounds like you guys ate really well over the holiday! BBQ tofu sounds like a big crowd pleaser!
It was delish! I was the only one that wanted it, but i thought it was fantastic!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ha! They will come around to it!
Great post 🙂