The taste of summer is BBQ sauce, and this BBQ glazed crispy tofu hit the spot. I added roasted broccoli, worcestershire baby Bella mushrooms, and tomatoes over long grain brown rice and drizzled my maple mustard bbq dressing over the top. It’s a summery, yet hearty meal made in heaven! You can add whatever veggies you like into your bowl, these are just my favorites. I’ve come to LOVE this crispy baked to perfection tofu, yet Josh still doesn’t like it, so more for me! It’s really filling, healthy, and the flavors pop with every bite.
BBQ Tofu and Brown Rice Bowl
1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed
2 crowns of broccoli , florets
10 oz baby Bella mushroom, quartered
1 handful grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup long grain brown rice, dry
2 tbsp bbq sauce of your choice
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
Sprinkle of chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder
Maple Mustard BBQ Dressing
1 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Cut tofu and let dry on a paper towel for 30-45 minutes. Sprinkle with chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Cook brown rice.
4. Add tofu and broccoli to a parchment lined baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Take out and remove broccoli. In a separate bowl, add tofu and bbq sauce and stir to coat. Add back to pan and bake another 10 minutes.
6. Combine mushrooms, garlic, and vegan Worcestershire to a skillet and cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are tender.
7. Combine all of dressing ingredients and stir.
8. Add rice to a bowl and top with tofu, broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms and drizzle with dressing.