Who knew you could make hummus into a creamy, garlicky, lemony sauce for pasta?! I mean, sign me up. I like hummus, I like pasta, and combined was a tasty mix. I used zucchini, spinach, and tomatoes as the veggies inside and the hummus as my sauce base. I added some pasta water to thin the hummus out into a sauce and added in the spaghetti noodles. I added some fresh tomatoes on top for freshness and sprinkled Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top because that’s how I usually top my hummus. It’s a simple and easy dinner, but something different to mix things up.
Garlic Hummus and Spinach Pasta
1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
1.5 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 bag baby spinach
1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
3 ladles of pasta water
Sprinkle of Everything but the Bagel seasoning for topping
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp Aquafaba, chickpea liquid
1 tbsp minced garlic
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup water
1 tsp tahini
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Put in food processor and blend until smooth.
1. Prepare the hummus.
2. Sauté zucchini, tomatoes, and spinach over medium heat until cooked through and spinach is wilted.
3. Add hummus to the veggies, and add in 3 labels of pasta water to the mix and combine.
4. Drain pasta and add to veggie mix and stir to combine.
5. Top with fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of Everything but the Bagel seasoning.