It’s healthy, it’s saucy, it’s creamy, it’s Eggplant Rolatini! Baked thin slices of eggplant, stuffed with my tofu ricotta with spinach, and baked in marinara sauce served with a side of pasta and vegan parm. Yum! This is a great combination of lasagna and eggplant parmesan, two of my favorites. It’s simple to make and only need a few things to make a meal for the whole family. I have a breaded version from last year, but this is a little healthier. I hope you enjoy it!
Baked Eggplant Rolatini
2 large eggplant lengthwise, 3/16 of an inch on the mandolin
2 cups frozen spinach
1.5 jars marinara sauce
Violife vegan parm
1 lb whole wheat farfalle
1 block of extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
Water until it’s smooth
1. Preheat oven on 400* and lay eggplant on two parchment lined trays. Bake for 10 minutes until tender. Turn oven down to 375*.
2. Prepare tofu ricotta. Heat spinach in the microwave for 2 minutes and squeeze out water using paper towels. Add spinach to ricotta, and stir to combine.
3. Add half a jar of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
4. Add a tbsp of ricotta to the end of each piece of eggplant and roll up. Add them to the pan. Drizzle the other half of the jar on the top and sprinkle with vegan parm.
5. Cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes while the pasta boils.
6. Add the remaining half a jar of sauce to the cooked pasta and serve!