I wasn’t feeling great over the weekend and wanted to make something easy on my stomach. This Chickpea Noodle Soup was easy to make and even easier to eat! It tasted so good! I topped it with Violife vegan parmesan and we roasted some pita bread to dunk in. As always, I had some apples on the side. I made it with rosemary, garlic, and no chicken base so it was full of flavor and the ditalini pasta is perfect for soup! It doesn’t blow up and absorb the broth as much as other noodles and they’re little so you can get a few in every bite. I was feeling super lazy, so I even used frozen mirepoix as the base, which was so easy. If you want you can use regular onions, carrots and celery.
Chickpea Noodle Soup
1/2 bag frozen mirepoix veggies
2 tsp minced garlic
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
8 cups water
1 tbsp Vegetarian Better than Bouillon No Chicken Base
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup ditalini pasta, dry
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, add mirepoix and cook until thawed and tender.
2. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
3. Add in chickpeas, thyme, water, and bouillon and bring to a boil.
4. Pour in pasta and add the sprig of rosemary.
5. Cook on a low rolling boil for about 6-8 minutes until pasta is al dente. Season to your liking and serve with vegan parmesan on top for an extra layer of flavor.