Nothing says Friday to me more than sweatpants and a bowl of noodles. Especially in this gloomy weather! #tiredteacherlife yes I know I’m only 28, but by Friday I feel 78. I saw Bosh.tv making a noodle bowl with a Hoisin sauce and decided to make one as well and just make the sauce up myself. They were delicious! I love the savory, sweet flavor of hoisin and it brings the noodles up a notch. I added the lime to give it some acidity because hoisin can be kind of heavy and overpowering so it gave it some brightness and I loved the combination. This is a quick and easy meal and one of my favorite things to make. Hope you enjoy it too!
Hoisin Lime Noodle Bowl
1 box brown rice noodles, boiled
2 crowns broccoli, chopped
1/2 large yellow onion, sliced thin
8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
Handful of shredded carrots
2 spring onions, sliced
1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 tsp minced garlic
Hoisin Lime sauce
1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 fresh lime juiced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1. In a large wok, sauté the onions and broccoli for 6-8 minutes and then add in the zucchini, mushrooms, garlic and carrots and cook until tender (10 minutes).
2. Add in the chickpeas and green onions and mix up the sauce in a separate bowl.
3. Boil noodles and add in the veggies.
4. Pour sauce in wok and combine everything together.
5. Serve with a wedge of lime and a few sprinkles of green onion. Yum!