Ever want to eat like you’re a 6 year old again, but step up the quality a bit? I loved chicken nuggets and Mac n cheese growing up and ate it at every opportunity. Luckily there’s so many vegan chick’n options now that they’re readily available for a quick meal, but I haven’t bought them because I’m not huge into the fake meats and trying to stay more Whole Foods plant based. These are a great alternative because they’re made with all whole food ingredients and taste great! They stay together and come out of the oven nice and crispy. We ate them with a side of oven baked fries and baby zucchini. I saved some leftover because I’m also going to use them on a salad this week! Can’t wait!
2 cans chickpeas, save 1/4 cup liquid
1 cup oat flour, or grind oats up in your food processor
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Save for breadcrumbs-1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375* and then toast panko on a parchment lined dish for 5 or so minutes until golden.
2. In your food processor, dump the drained chickpeas and then keep 1/4 aquafaba in a bowl. Pulse the chickpeas until they’re fine.
3. Whip the aquafaba until it gets foamy and add it in with the ground oats and spices. Pulse until the smooth mixture forms.
4. In a bowl, combine the toasted breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Form the nuggets using your hands and then press each side into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Bake on a parchment lined pan for 25-30 minutes until crispy.
original recipe- https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/2019/01/vegan-chickpea-nuggets.html?m=1