These were a last minute dinner idea that I made with ingredients I had on hand. I had a can of Jackfruit, leftover tortillas, leftover veggies, and sauces. What to make? I was going to make regular taco spiced jackfruit tacos but thought we already had taco salad the same week and I wanted to make something different. I remembered the pulled portobello bbq Hoisin sliders that we loved, so I wanted to make something similar. This dinner took less than 10 minutes to make and it’s a simple taco dinner with Asian flair. The savory sweet sauce is really tasty and the crunch the cucumbers give make them have more texture.
BBQ Hoisin Jackfruit Tacos
1 can green jackfruit, Trader Joe’s
2 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced
6 corn tortillas
I used leftover sautéed zucchini and mushrooms I added
Sesame seeds for topping
Extra Hoisin for topping
BBQ Hoisin sauce –
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Pepper to taste
1. Drain and rinse jackfruit and use your fingers to shred each piece. Pick out any seeds left in it and add to a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add leftover veggies if you want to use any up.
3. Add in sauce ingredients and cook for 5-7 minutes until heated through.
4. Heat corn tortillas in the toaster oven or oven.
5. Serve by adding a scoop of jackfruit mixture to tortillas, top with sliced cucumber, extra Hoisin, and sesame seeds.