I felt like baking again this morning, as most weekend mornings. I looked around the kitchen to see what I had and I found some brown bananas, Craisins, and my usual baking ingredients. I wanted to come up with some tasty muffins and I also used some lemon juice. The lemon juice didn’t really come through, so next time I’d use some of the zest as well. I threw these together in my mixer and used muffin liners for easy clean up. I didn’t measure so I’m doing my best to guess how much I added. I baked for 15 minutes and they were a great and healthy breakfast option. They taste mostly like fluffy yet hearty banana muffins and the Craisins add a little holiday flavor. Try them out!
Cranberry Banana Muffins
3 very ripe bananas
1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp ground flaxseed- 2.5 tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
Juice of one small lemon, can add zest too
1 cup oat flour, just ground in my food processor
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup craisins, no sugar added
2 tbsp sugar in the raw for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375* . Mix flax with water and let it gel.
2. In a mixer, add 3 bananas and mix until they’re mashed.
3. Add in lemon juice, applesauce, vanilla, almond milk, and flax egg.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix until combined.
5. Add mixture to muffin tins until 3/4 full and then sprinkle with sugar in the raw. Should make a dozen.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
One Comment Add yours