Everyone loves this cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s and I think it was even featured on the Today Show the other day. I bought a bag in the frozen section of Trader Joe’s during my weekly shopping trip and decided to mix it with some veggies and make a lemon garlic sauce. I wanted to make the sauce light so the flavors from the dish really come through. It was so good!! The gnocchi were like light pillows and the veggies paired perfectly with the gnocchi and sauce. It was light, flavorful, and a nice change. I don’t buy prepared stuff often so it’s something nice to have when you need a delicious dinner fast. I made this in under 20-25 minutes even while attempting to make a video for Instagram while cooking. The video wasn’t so great, but I’m trying!
Cauliflower Gnocchi with Veggies in Lemon Garlic Sauce
1 bag of frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi
1 bunch of asparagus, chopped 1″
1 bag of brussel sprouts, quartered
10 oz button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp Vegetarian Better than Bouillon no chicken
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Add brussel sprouts to a silicon lined mat on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
3. Add the gnocchi to the other half of the pan and place in oven for 20 minutes.
4. In a large sauté pan, sauté asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes for 5-7 minutes.
5. Start making the sauce by adding the garlic, Bouillon, Dijon, water, and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
6. Squeeze in the juice of one lemon, the gnocchi and crispy brussel sprouts, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
7. Toast pine nuts in the toaster oven and then add last.