I woke up this morning craving banana bread and decided to bake a couple to take on vacation. I found a recipe for banana bread on Chocolate Covered Katie and modified it to what I had and removed the oil. It’s still moist, soft, and spongy and I decided to add lemon and blueberry to make it a little different and fresh. Plus Josh was eating a blueberry muffin from Whole Foods that I was jealous of, so I decided to make my own. They turned out to be really tasty and it’s a fun spin on a normal banana bread.
Lemon Blueberry Banana Loaf
2 cups all purpose flour
dash of cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
1/3 unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
zest of one large lemon and juice
sugar in the raw for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350* and spray loaf pan.
- In a mixer, add in bananas, vanilla, applesauce, almond milk, and mix.
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix until combined but don’t over-mix.
- Stir in the zest, lemon, and blueberries and add into the loaf pan.
- Top with sugar in the raw and then bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.