It’s FREEZING today and I’m so glad I had this soup to keep me warm for lunch. I made it the other night and love how easy soup is to throw together. You can pretty much add whatever you want inside it and turns out to be tasty and keeps you warm. It’s a cozy night in meal! I added lots of white beans for extra protein and then added zucchini and spinach for greens. It’s really filling and very healthy! spiced it with some rosemary, because I love the taste of white beans and rosemary, and added some thyme, a tiny bit of smoked paprika, salt and pepper. I bought a loaf of sourdough bread from Trader Joe’s and toasted it for a yummy dipper and of course had some apple slices because that’s how I do soup.
White Bean and Veggie Soup
3 stalks of celery, halved and diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 handfuls of baby carrots, diced
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 large zucchini, halved and diced
1 quart Hearty Vegetable Stock, TJ’s has this and it’s oil free
2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp Vegetarian Better than Bouillon No Beef Base
1 bag baby spinach
dash of vegan worcestershire
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, saute the onions, carrots, and celery to make a mirepoix until slightly softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and spices and saute another minute.
- Pour in beans, zucchini, stock, and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes and then add in the spinach to wilt.
- Serve with sides on a cozy night!