It’s another day that ends in Y so Chinese sounded delicious! I was planning on making something else for dinner but I had everything already for this so of course I chose it. Also, it’s the weekend so Chinese cravings are strong and it gives an excuse to eat it in a healthy way and practice my chopsticks skills. I LOVE stir fries for many reasons but these are a few:
- They’re quick and can be made in about 10 minutes or less.
- They’re savory, sweet, saucy, and filled with flavor as well as nutrient dense veggies.
- They’re so versatile, you can throw in whatever you have or like to make something you’ll love.
- You can use different sauces, and serve over rice or noodles, or even in lettuce cups.
Chinese Chickpea Stir Fry
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 crown of broccoli
1 portobello mushroom, diced
a few baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
2 zucchini, halved and diced
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup shredded carrots
oil free teriyaki sauce
- Add broccoli and peppers to a large wok over medium high heat. Stir a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and chickpeas and continue stirring.
- Add carrots and spinach. It’s important to add the veggies in order so that they cook for the length of time they need.
- Last, add in the teriyaki sauce and stir over medium low heat until sauce is thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
Oil Free Teriyaki Sauce
This is my new go to asian sauce because it’s so tasty, and also oil free. It’s simple to make and only need 6 things. Here’s how I make it:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp cornstarch
Combine and add to stir fry.
3 Comments Add yours
This was a great recipe. I customize it by not adding zucchini (not crazy about it) added green onions and carrot. I also used TJ Soyaki sauce which you have recommended before and Ive been really happy with.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Great! Glad you enjoyed it! Yes love that sauce, I’ve just been doing no oil so that’s why I started making my own.
Your recipe has all the right ingredients!!
LikeLiked by 2 people