Everyone loves a BBQ saucy salad! This was very flavorful (Josh told me about 30 times he thought it was spicy), but I thought it had just the right amount of heat. It might have been from the new BBQ sauce or the brown mustard in the dressing? Not sure, but more leftovers for me! I made this recipe oil free and it turned out just as good. The tofu still got crispy, you just have to wait for it to cool on the sheet pan for a few minutes before you try to take it off and it releases easier. I also roasted some potatoes on the side, dry, with a blend of spices and they were just as great as normal. Who knew a salad had 15 grams of protein?? I didn’t! It was fresh, light, but still savory.
Crispy BBQ Tofu Salad
3 small heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
2 Persian cucumbers, halved and diced
handful of grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 can of corn, drained and rinsed
1 lb organic extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
2 scallions, chopped thin
1/4 red onion, diced
Sprinkle of chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper for tofu
Sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper for potatoes
1/4 c Annie’s organic sweet and spicy BBQ sauce
Smoky Mustard Maple Dressing (High Carb Hannah)
1 tbsp brown mustard
1 tbsp maple syrup
dash of Worcestershire sauce
Dash of BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400* and cube tofu and let it drain on a paper towel for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare potatoes with spices and spread them out on half of a foil lined baking sheet and add to the oven to start roasting.
- After about 10 minutes, add the tofu to the other half of the baking sheet sharing with the potatoes and sprinkle with given spices. Bake for 40-45 minutes until crunchy.
- While they’re baking, chop all of the other ingredients for the salad, add to a bowl, and make the dressing.
- Take tofu and potatoes out of the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before you try to remove them off the pan to prevent ripping.
- Add tofu to bbq sauce and toss to coat. Add to the salad and keep potatoes as a side.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy the rainbow!
2 Comments Add yours
Loved the recipe 🙂
Yummy! Love the colours and the fresh flavours! 😀