This is a scaled down, cheese free version of eggplant parm and it keeps the eggplant nice and crunchy! It’s a light meal with a salad and a side of marinara.
2 eggplants, peeled, sliced about ⅓ inch thick
½ c almond milk
2 cups breadcrumbs, love the Trader Joe’s bag
1 tbsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp vegan parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 cup of marinara, warmed
- Preheat oven to 450*. Spray a large baking sheet.
- First peel and slice the eggplant, then lay them out on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt liberally and leave them out for at least 30 minutes to excrete their water and bitterness.
- While you wait, mix the breadcrumbs with the spices and vegan parmesan to make the breading mixture.
- Wipe the eggplant down with a paper towel and then start dipping! First dip the slices into almond milk, and then bread both sides.
- Lay them close together on the baking sheet and then bake for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with a side of marinara to dip.