I haven’t been super hungry the past few days, so finding something that sounded good for dinner was harder than usual. Hopefully I’m not getting the bug! This was one of the meals I saw High Carb Hannah make on her Youtube channel, and I just changed the veggies inside to fit our taste, as can you. She used raw red onion and jalapeños, and I used sautéed red and green peppers with mushrooms. It’s a low fat meal, and it was really satisfying and two filled me up. They’re full of refried beans and veggies, and were delicious dipped in guac and salsa. It’s hard not to have guac with tacos! My avocados were a lot worse off than predicted, so I’m glad I had this great Trader Joe’s pre-made guacamole. It was really tasty, because some pre-made guacamoles taste like dirty socks. I highly recommend! These are also great to throw in the freezer, and you can pop them in the toaster oven whenever you’re hungry.
Crunchy Refried Bean and Veggie Tacos
1 pack of white corn tortillas, TJ’s, they didn’t have any oil
1 can of Original Fat Free Refried Beans, vegan at TJ’s
1 green and 1 red bell pepper, sliced
10 oz bottom mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste
- Saute bell peppers for a few minutes and then add mushrooms, garlic, and spices.
- Saute veggies until tender and add a squeeze of half a lime.
- Lay tortillas out flat and spread a heaping tbsp of refried beans on each one.
- Heat a grill pan on medium heat, then add the tortillas on the grill. Add a spoonful of veggies on half of the tortilla.
- The heat will soften the tortilla and it will be able to fold over without cracking. Fold the bean side over the veggie side and cook each side for about 5-8 minutes until it gets crunchy.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole for a fiesta!