What’s one thing I miss the most since becoming veganish? Pizza. Who doesn’t want pizza every weekend? I wanted to find pizza that was still worth daydreaming about, but was something easy we could make on a Friday night. There’s not many good vegan pizza places around here, and the dairy free cheese isn’t the best so we use it sparingly. This tastes great hot or cold and it’s the best pizza we can get our hands on.
3 grain tempeh prepared as “sausage” crumbles using the recipe attached.(recipe here)
½ cup marinara or pizza sauce
1 ball of whole wheat pizza dough
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp of italian seasoning
1 8oz button mushrooms, sliced,
3 handfuls kale, washed and chopped
8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Daiya or So Delicious Mozzarella shreds
Flour or cornmeal for dough
- Preheat oven to 500*.
- Sauté mushrooms and kale in olive oil in a pan over medium heat until soft and add the tomatoes.
- Add the italian seasoning to the veggies and mix.
- Sprinkle cornmeal or flour and roll out dough to fit a baking sheet or a pizza pan.
- Top with marinara and spread for an even layer. Sprinkle with vegan mozzarella and then add the vegetables and “sausage crumbles” on top.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan and bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, well as melted as vegan cheese gets, about 10-15 minutes.