I’ve really been loving some crispy tofu lately! Rabbitsandwolves is one of my favorite bloggers on Instagram so I knew when she posted a picture of a Hawaiian tofu bowl I wanted to try it asap! She uses jalapeno in hers, but I thought it might be too spicy for my taste so I swapped it for red bell pepper. I used the oil free version and baked my tofu and bell pepper until crispy and then tossed it in the pineapple juice based sauce and served over brown jasmine rice. It was seriously DELISH! It was sweet and salty and had flavors that reminded me of getting take out, except it’s even better. I added some scallions and sesame seeds to my sauce and loved it!
Crispy Hawaiian Tofu Bowl
1 block Organic tofu Super Firm (TJ’s)
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 scallions, sliced
3-4 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp agave
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp water + 1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400* and press tofu and cube tofu.
- Add tofu and bell peppers to a parchment lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a measuring cup, add sauce ingredients and then mix. Add to a saute pan and heat over medium heat until thick, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the crispy tofu and bell pepper to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and scallions.