I woke up this morning with fall crispness in the air and was inspired to whip up some fall baking goodies! I’ve been loving using oatmeal flour instead of regular flour in my baked goods and I’ve been experimenting with getting vegan things to rise. I had some apples with spots on them and decided to throw those in with a banana bread base. These were really crispy with cinnamon sugar on the top and were dense and moist in the inside. They’re great for a quick bite on the go, or warm and spread with fresh apple butter with coffee or tea.
Cinnamon Apple Banana Oat Muffins
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 small cup of unbleached sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 honeycrisp apple, peeled and diced small
2 cups quick oats, pulsed in a food processor into flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a mixer, blend bananas, applesauce, sugar, and apple.
- Add in dry ingredients and blend a few minutes.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crispy on top and cooked through on the inside.
- Let sit in the pan for a few minutes to set and then enjoy!