Sick of the same old dips every football Saturday? Want to be the one to break the boring streak and take something new and exciting over to your friend’s football party? YES! I made these two dips the other day and they are wonderfully different than my same old hummus and salsa I usually bring everywhere. One of my friends at school had tried a version of both of these at her house and said I could probably make them from scratch without oil and be tastier than the store bought variety so I gave it a try! They only take a few minutes and make enough for a crowd. Switch it up and bring one of these fun dips to your next get together!
Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Dip
1 eggplant, peeled and diced large
1 large jar of roasted red peppers
1/2 yellow onion, diced large
2 cups grape tomatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400* and bake veggies (except peppers) on a parchment lined pan for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Put roasted veggies, peppers, and spices in a food processor and pulse until 85% smooth. You still want some texture there.
- Serve with pita chips, pretzels, or tortilla chips.
Brownie Batter Chocolate Hummus
2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup almond milk
8 tbsp cocoa powder
6 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of sea salt
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Serve with chopped up dark chocolate on top with strawberries and pretzels for dipping.