Every Christmas our neighbors bake hundreds of goodies and there’s a stash at my parents house that takes up a good portion of the counter. One of the families makes this pistachio and dried cranberry bark and it’s one of my favorites! I wanted to make it vegan so we could still enjoy it this year, and it was super easy to make. 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes and you’ve got a delicious sweet treat that everyone will love. It’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet. I spread the melted chocolate a little thinner than I would like, so next time I’ll be more careful of that, but it made a lot of bark.
Dark Chocolate Pistachio and Dried Cranberry Bark
1 lb of dark chocolate, I got 6 3oz dark chocolate bars from Whole Foods (just always check chocolate ingredients to make sure it doesn’t contain milk fat)
3/4 cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios
1/2 cup Craisins
Sprinkle of sea salt
- Start boiling water in a saucepan and then add a mixing bowl on top. Let the bottom of the mixing bowl touch the water, but not the bottom of the pan.
- Start breaking the chocolate into pieces and add it to the mixing bowl. It will start melting and keep stirring. This is the best way to keep the chocolate glossy.
- Put a piece of parchment paper on a large baking sheet, and have your toppings ready.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread it out on the parchment with a spatula about 1/4- 1/8 inch thick.
- While the chocolate is still melted, add the toppings and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place it in the refrigerator to set up. This is the best way to get the bark to have a snap.
- When it’s hardened, break it up with your hands and enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
Oh thank you kind sir!