Chickpeas are one of my favorite ways to get protein in and all of these flavors and textures sounded like they would go together really nicely for a delicious fall meal. Luckily BBQ sauce is vegan, so if you miss the taste of BBQ this recipe would be great for you. This was delicious and very filling, I hope you enjoy!
2 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Bag of brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large bag of cleaned kale, chopped
½ c barbeque sauce (I like Williamson Bros Original)
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp dried mustard
1 tsp dijon mustard
4 tsp olive oil (divided)
2 tbsp pecan pieces, chopped and toasted
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400* Peel and dice sweet potatoes and mix with 1 tsp of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread on a lined and sprayed baking sheet and add to the oven. Next mix the brussel sprouts with 1 tsp oil, dijon, salt and pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Spread on a lined and sprayed baking sheet and add those to the oven.
- Mix chickpeas with 1 tsp oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, dried mustard, and salt and pepper.
- After the sweet potatoes having been cooking for 20 minutes, take the pan out and scoot them to cover half of the pan and add the chickpeas to roast on the other half.
- Take the brussels out of the oven and scoot to the side. Mix the kale with 1 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper then add to the other half of the baking sheet and return to oven. Once everything is cooked through and crispy take out.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and top with a sprinkle of pecans and a drizzle of BBQ sauce.