I’ve seen a few pictures in instagram of a curry noodle bowl and it’s been looking so tempting so I decided to make one for myself. I threw in whatever I thought would be good in this and it was so tasty. It brought some of my favorites together in one bowl; crispy tofu, ramen, and red curry. Yum! It came together really quickly and was great for a tired weeknight. I used a packet of instant ramen, just the noodles, for the ramen so it was really easy and I used my leftover veggies from my stir fry last night which made it simple. I only had to really cook the tofu which is as easy as dicing and baking. It’s full of flavor, texture, and something I’ll crave.
Tofu Curry Ramen Bowl
1 package extra firm tofu, diced
1 shallot, diced
1-2 packs of instant ramen
I used leftover sautéed veggies- broccoli, baby Bella mushrooms, carrots, onion, yellow pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp red curry paste
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Vegetarian Better than Bouillon no chicken base
Dash soy sauce
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp coriander seed
1/2 tsp garam masala
5 cups water
1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
1. Preheat oven to 400* and dice tofu and let it drain on a towel for 20-30 minutes.
2. Add it to a parchment lined pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until crispy and golden.
3. While tofu is cooking, add shallot to a soup pan and sauté oven medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato paste, red curry paste, bouillon, spices, and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Slowly add in water while stirring until incorporated and then add almond milk.
5. Bring to a boil and then to a simmer for 5 minutes and then add in the dry ramen noodles and simmer another 5 minutes.
6. Serve in a bowl then add a handful of veggies and a handful of crispy tofu.