I made this the night before we left to go to Denver because I knew I’d be busy packing and cleaning and wouldn’t want to make a fancy dinner. This comes together quickly once you have all of the ingredients ready. It’s one of our favorites because it’s fast, no oil, and so tasty! You can add lots of veggies and throw whatever you have on hand that you need to use up. I love the crispy tofu in it, but Josh doesn’t like it that much. I wanted to add broccoli, but somehow I didn’t add it to my list that week. I also added the mushroom umami seasoning from Trader Joe’s to the tofu because I’ve been waiting to try it and was really good. You just have to have the rice already made and you just have to dice and put the tofu in the oven. It can feed a lot for so little money and time!
Crispy Tofu Fried Rice
3 cups cooked and cooled brown jasmine rice
1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
1/2 tsp mushroom umami seasoning
10 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 bag frozen peas and carrots
2 scallions, diced
1/4 c low sodium soy
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/8 cup coconut aminos
1. Preheat oven to 400* and cube the tofu and let it drain on towels for 20-30 minutes.
2. Toss tofu in umami seasoning and pepper then spread out on parchment lined pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
3. Sauté onion and mushrooms until tender. Add in peas and carrots and garlic and ginger powder.
4. Add in rice, coconut aminos, and soy sauce and stir to combine.
5. Add in the tofu, scallions, and combine.
6. Top with sriracha if you want some spice.