It’s the week of potato salad! I made a more traditional mustardy potato salad for Mother’s Day, but I saw this recipe in the Oh She Glows cookbook and it looked like it would be worth having potato salad twice this week for dinner. I was correct! It was a really filling yet light dinner and I loved that it had such a creamy fresh taste and tasted like spring! It’s delicious and tasted good warm or cold. Because of the avocado, it’s best right away, but I had leftover for lunch today and the top had turned a little brown but still tasted great. I served it with a side salad with tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and a drizzle of the raspberry balsamic dressing I made earlier in the week. They tasted so much different that it was fine having potatoes twice this week.
Did you know potatoes have been proven to be the most satiating food? They fill you up and make you feel satisfied while still having relatively low calories and they’re very nutrient dense. If you need more potatoes in your life, try this recipe this season!
I changed my ratios a little bit, and I took out the oil but it’s relatively the same recipe from my Oh She Glows cookbook.
Oh She Glows Creamy Avocado & Asparagus Potato Salad
3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 bunch of asparagus, 1″ chop
1/2 cup spring onion, diced
1 large avocado
juice of one lemon
1 spring onion
1/4 cup of water to thin
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425* and add potatoes to a parchment lined pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- When almost complete, add chopped asparagus to the top of the potatoes and roast another 10-15 minutes.
- While cooking, add dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Let veggies cool on pan for a few minutes and then add veggies, spring onion, and dressing to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill.